We all want to rush in to that new furniture restoration project. That feeling of “I’m going to turn this old thing into something amazing…” is a fantastic feeling indeed! The truth is that one doesn’t need much to get started with that furniture renovation project. Keep reading for the 11 things you need to start your project…
That list of the bare minimum you need to get started:
- Old newspapers
- A selection of sandpaper – differing thickness and roughness
- Cloths – lint free
- Masking tape
- Random selection of tools – pliers, screwdrivers etc – just steal what you can from the garage or shed!
- An all purpose filler
- Primer or undercoat
- Paint (water based acrylic preferably)
- Non-coloured furniture wax (beeswax is perfect)
- Paint brushes (get various sizes, remember a couple of finer ones for the intricate bits!)
Once you’ve gathered together that little lot you should be reasonably well prepared. All you need to do now is find that little gem of a piece of furniture which will be transformed into a new lease of life thanks to your creativity.
Incidentally, if you’re wondering where the piece in the photo above is from, it’s from a wonderful store in Stockholm, Sweden called Utopia.